Update on the Tribute to Saul Bass Quilt
This was the first attempt. So confident that I'd have no problem with the walking foot, that I used tiny stitches. BIG MISTAKE! It did get a little easier, but my hands were aching and it looked more like a spider web spun by a mad scientist's crack addicted spider.
So, I picked out all the stitches and started again. Stay tuned. I also switched to a free motion foot, and used orange thread.
Here is half the backing: Flannel in a small print tweed, with a border at the top of plain navy flannel with two little orange bars--because that's what I had that I liked.
Notice the T-Square, pins, quilting ruler and chalk marker on the floor. I Spy for quilters.
I'll post photos of the better quilting. But, I wanted to set your expectations lower before the next posting!
Thanks for reading! Come back in a couple of days.